When assessing potential suppliers for your organisation, one crucial aspect of your evaluation criteria may involve verifying that their management system is certified to ISO Management System Standards.
To ensure this, follow these steps:
1) Request ISO Certificates:
Ask potential suppliers to provide a copy of their ISO Certificate(s) promptly. Certification Bodies typically issue certificates in PDF format.
2) Check Certificate Validity:
After obtaining ISO Certificates, it’s essential to confirm their validity. ISO Certifications are subject to ongoing Surveillance Audits, and failure to meet requirements during these audits may result in certification cancellation.
- Check on the International Online Register introduced by the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) in 2020. Use IAF CertSearch to verify the validity of ISO Certificates globally. Enter the business name and view the listing to validate certificate currency.
- Alternatively, verify ISO Certification through regional online registers, such as JAS-ANZ (Joint Accreditation System of Australia and New Zealand) for Australia and New Zealand. Search for the organization’s name, and all valid certifications will be displayed.
- Another option is to verify the ISO Certificate directly with the Accredited Certification Body. Check for the name of the Accredited Certification Body and look for the stamp of the Accreditation Authority (e.g., JAS-ANZ). Some Certifiers may provide a direct lookup process on their websites.
3) Key Points to Consider:
- Check for the Accredited Certification Body’s name on the certificate.
- Look for the stamp of the Accreditation Authority, like JAS-ANZ in Australia and New Zealand.
- Recognize international recognition by the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) logo on the certificate, though not all certificates display it.
- Confirm certificate validity through the methods mentioned.
- Check for the expiry date, ensuring it hasn’t expired or is close to expiration.
- Verify the scope of certification, ensuring it covers the relevant business operations and locations.
By following these steps, you can ensure that potential suppliers have valid and recognised ISO Certifications, providing confidence in their commitment to quality management systems.
For further assistance, feel free to call us at 1300 802 163 or e-mail – email@example.com.